Project 365 Photography Challenge – #4
Do you dislike drinking plain water? Are you trying to stay away from diet drinks or drinks sweetened with artificial sweeteners? If so, consider making your own flavored waters.
I had two packages of raspberries in the fridge and wanted to use them in either a dessert or drink. After perusing Pinterest, I ran across and decided to use one of the packages to make my own flavored water.
My flavored water is pretty much the same recipe as the Raspberry Lime Water recipe that I found on .
Here are the steps that I used to make the water.
- Quartered one small lime and squeeze a bit of juice into the bottom of a jar. Place the quartered lime into the jar.
- Added one 6-ounce package of washed fresh raspberries to the jar. I gently pressed them into the bottom of the jar with a wooden spoon so that I could get a bit of juice.
- Filled jar with ice all the way to the top.
- Poured water into the jar until it reached the same level as the ice.
- Let it sit for 10 minutes in the refrigerator. Gently stir. Let it sit in the refrigerator for another 10 minutes.
- Drink up!
It’s easy, delicious and refreshing. Matter of fact, I’m drinking it as I type this message! I’m excited about making my own flavored water on occasion as a nice treat. I plan to experiment with other flavors such as mint, ginger, and coconut. If you are interested in experimenting with more flavors, you should definitely check The Yummy Life’s Flavored Water recipes.