My new favorite website is Craftsy, an online education site for crafters, cooks, bakers, woodworkers and gardeners who want to learn or improve their skills. The classes are categorized by type of craft/activity and by level of experience required (beginner, intermediate, advanced).
A few of my favorite things about Craftsy include the:
- ability to view projects that other students completed for each course BEFORE signing up for the course.
- knowledgeable instructors who are almost always great instructors.
- communication with other by following and comments on their projects.
- many free courses and that courses frequently go on sale.
- ability to add courses to a wish list to order at a later date.
- ability to take notes during the class while watching the video.
- access to the course forever.
I’ve reviewed one of the free mini-courses cooking courses — Complete Knife Skills, and it explains the reason why certain knives are important for prepping your meals.
Here’s a breakdown of how the class is set up:
- Lesson 1. How to Use Your Free Mini Class (0:51)
- Lesson 2. Introduction (8:20)
- Lesson 3. Essential Knife Skills (42:53)
- Lesson 4. Shortcuts for Fruits, Veggies & Herbs (42:51)
- Lesson 5. Sharpening & Honing (15:05)