Living and eating healthy can become somewhat boring especially if you’re busy and don’t want to spend a lot of time in the kitchen. I eat canned or packaged tuna pretty often. In an attempt to spice things up a bit, I searched the Internet for a Tuna Cake recipe. I found several versions. Some of them were too complex so I took what I thought were the best components of each to create my own rendition.
Notes: Excuse heavy shadows in the photo. This was a quick capture. I was very hungry and wanted to dig in before they got cold :-).
A quick and easy recipe to spruce up canned or packaged tuna.
- 4-5 oz tuna I used a whole 2.5 oz package and a half package I had in the fridge.
- 1/4 cup garlic and herb I used the Progresso Brand.
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp lemon juice Use fresh if you can.
- 1 pinch ground black pepper Just shake in a little.
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
Combine all ingredients, shape into equal sized balls then flatten into patties.
In a skillet, heat the oil over medium heat and cook patties until golden brown on both sides (about 2 minutes per side).