California-style steak is a culinary delight that captures the essence of the Golden State’s vibrant and diverse food culture. With its unique blend of influences and a focus on fresh, high-quality ingredients, California-style steak offers a delectable experience that is both flavorful and satisfying. In this comprehensive guide, we will explore the distinctive characteristics, heritage, premier cuts, cooking techniques, flavorful accompaniments, and the best places to experience California-style steak in the heart of the Golden State. Get ready to embark on a culinary journey that will leave your taste buds craving for more.
Exploring the Essence of California-style Steak
California-style steak embodies the essence of the state’s culinary innovation and fresh, local ingredients. This style of steak is a celebration of California’s diverse agriculture and multicultural influences, resulting in a fusion of flavors that is both exciting and delicious.
When it comes to California-style steak, it’s all about the ingredients. The use of locally sourced, high-quality beef ensures that every bite is packed with flavor and tenderness. From grass-fed Angus to Wagyu, California offers a wide range of premium beef options to suit every palate.
In addition to the exceptional beef, California-style steak incorporates a variety of vibrant flavors and seasonings. From citrus-infused marinades to herb and spice rubs, the goal is to enhance the natural flavors of the meat while adding a touch of California’s signature zest.
The cooking techniques used in California-style steak also play a crucial role in bringing out the best flavors. Grilling is a popular method, allowing the meat to develop a beautiful sear while retaining its juiciness. Whether it’s an open flame grill or a sizzling hot griddle, the goal is to achieve the perfect balance of caramelized exterior and succulent interior.
The Unique Flavors of California-style Steak
What sets California-style steak apart is its bold and dynamic flavors. It’s all about combining the richness of the beef with the vibrant tastes of California’s local produce and culinary influences.
One characteristic flavor profile in California-style steak is the bright and tangy notes that come from the use of citrus fruits. From zesty lemon and lime to the vibrant orange and grapefruit, the citrus marinades and sauces infuse the meat with a refreshing and lively taste.
Herbs and spices also play a significant role in elevating the flavor of California-style steak. From fresh rosemary and thyme to aromatic garlic and chili flakes, the herb and spice rubs add layers of complexity and depth to the meat, creating a harmonious blend of flavors.
Furthermore, the incorporation of local ingredients such as avocado, cilantro, and fresh tomatoes adds a distinctive Californian touch to the steak. These ingredients contribute to the overall freshness and balance of flavors, making each bite a true culinary delight.
Stay tuned for the next section, where we’ll delve into the heritage of California-style steak and explore the premier cuts that make it so special.
Unveiling the Heritage of California-style Steak
To truly appreciate California-style steak, it’s essential to understand its rich heritage and the culinary traditions that have influenced its development. California’s diverse cultural influences, including Mexican, Mediterranean, and Asian cuisines, have all contributed to the unique flavors and techniques found in this style of steak.
One significant influence on California-style steak is the Mexican tradition of carne asada. The flavorful marinades and grilling techniques used in Mexican cuisine have seamlessly integrated into California’s culinary landscape, adding depth and character to the steak.
Moreover, California’s proximity to the Pacific Ocean has also shaped the way steak is prepared and enjoyed. Seafood-inspired flavors, such as citrus-infused marinades and fresh herb rubs, often find their way into California-style steak, providing a coastal twist that complements the state’s culinary identity.
The farm-to-table movement has also had a profound impact on California-style steak. Embracing the concept of using locally sourced ingredients, California chefs and home cooks alike prioritize the use of organic, sustainable, and ethically raised beef, ensuring that the steak on your plate is not only delicious but also supports responsible food practices.
Premier Cuts for a Perfect California-style Steak
When it comes to California-style steak, selecting the right cut is essential to achieve a tender and flavorful dining experience. Here are some of the premier cuts commonly used in California-style steak:
1. Ribeye: Known for its marbling and rich flavor, the ribeye cut is a popular choice for California-style steak. Its juicy and tender texture makes every bite a delight.
2. Filet Mignon: This prized cut is renowned for its exceptional tenderness. With its buttery texture and subtle flavor, filet mignon is often the choice for those seeking an elegant and refined California-style steak experience.
3. New York Strip: With its robust flavor and satisfying texture, the New York strip offers a balance of tenderness and beefy richness. It’s a versatile cut that holds up well to the bold flavors and grilling techniques used in California-style steak.
4. Skirt Steak: Known for its intense beefy flavor, skirt steak is a favorite for marinating and grilling in California-style cuisine. Its loose grain and tenderness make it perfect for absorbing the vibrant flavors of citrus, herbs, and spices.
5. Tri-Tip: This triangular-shaped cut is a California classic. With its rich marbling and pronounced beef flavor, tri-tip is a staple for grilling enthusiasts and a go-to choice for a flavorful California-style steak.
These premier cuts, when prepared with the right techniques and paired with California’s vibrant flavors, create a steak experience that truly captures the essence of the Golden State.
Stay tuned for the next section, where we’ll delve into the art of cooking California-style steak, from selecting the right cut to preparing it for grilling.
Mastering the Art of Cooking California-style Steak
Cooking California-style steak requires attention to detail and an understanding of the techniques that bring out the best flavors and textures. From choosing the right cut to preparing it for the grill, each step contributes to a memorable dining experience.
When it comes to selecting the right cut for California-style steak, consider the thickness and marbling of the meat. Thicker cuts, such as ribeye or New York strip, are ideal for achieving a medium-rare or medium doneness while maintaining a juicy interior. The marbling ensures a tender and flavorful steak.
To prepare the steak for grilling, start by allowing it to come to room temperature, which promotes even cooking. Season the meat generously with a blend of sea salt, freshly ground black pepper, and any additional herbs or spices that complement the flavors of California-style cuisine. Let the steak rest for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to penetrate the meat.
Next comes the grilling process, a crucial step in achieving the desired texture and charred flavors. Preheat your grill to high heat and ensure the grates are clean and well-oiled to prevent sticking. Place the steak on the hottest part of the grill and sear each side for a few minutes to develop a beautiful crust.
For thicker cuts, you can move the steak to a cooler part of the grill or reduce the heat to medium. Continue cooking until the desired doneness is reached, using a meat thermometer to ensure accuracy. The internal temperature for medium-rare is around 135°F (57°C), while medium is around 145°F (63°C).
Remember to let the steak rest for a few minutes after grilling to allow the juices to redistribute and ensure maximum tenderness. Slice the steak against the grain to enhance its natural tenderness and serve it with your favorite California-style accompaniments.
Choosing the Right Cut for California-style Steak
When it comes to California-style steak, choosing the right cut is essential to achieving a flavorful and enjoyable dining experience. Here are some factors to consider when selecting your cut:
1. Flavor Profile: Different cuts of steak offer varying levels of richness and beefy flavor. For a more intense flavor, cuts like ribeye or New York strip are excellent choices. If you prefer a milder taste, filet mignon might be more suitable.
2. Texture: The texture of the steak can vary depending on the cut. Some cuts, like ribeye and New York strip, have more marbling, resulting in a juicier and more tender steak. Leaner cuts, such as filet mignon, offer a smoother and more buttery texture.
3. Cooking Method: Consider the cooking method you plan to use. For grilling, cuts like ribeye, New York strip, and skirt steak work well due to their thickness and ability to hold up to high heat. For pan-searing or broiling, leaner cuts like filet mignon can be a great option.
4. Personal Preference: Ultimately, your personal taste and preference should guide your choice of cut. Experiment with different cuts to find the one that suits your palate and cooking style.
Remember to source your steak from reputable sources and opt for high-quality, well-marbled cuts for the best results.
Stay tuned for the next section, where we’ll explore the art of preparing California-style steak for grilling, including marinades, rubs, and flavor combinations.
Preparing Your Steak for Grilling California-style
Preparing your steak properly before grilling is essential to maximize flavor and tenderness. The right marinades, rubs, and seasonings can elevate the taste of your California-style steak to new heights.
One popular technique is marinating the steak to infuse it with additional flavors. Create a marinade using a combination of citrus juices, such as orange or lemon, along with herbs like rosemary, thyme, and oregano. Add a splash of olive oil, minced garlic, and a pinch of salt and pepper to enhance the overall taste.
Place the steak and marinade in a sealed bag or a shallow dish, ensuring that the meat is fully coated. Let it marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, or preferably overnight, to allow the flavors to penetrate the meat fully. Remember to discard the marinade after use to prevent cross-contamination.
If you prefer a dry approach, consider using a flavorful rub. Create a rub using a blend of spices like paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, and a touch of brown sugar for a hint of sweetness. Generously coat the steak with the rub, pressing it into the meat to ensure adherence.
Allow the steak to sit at room temperature for about 30 minutes before grilling. This step ensures even cooking and prevents the steak from becoming tough. You can also season the steak with additional salt and pepper just before grilling to enhance the flavors.
Grilling Techniques for Flavorful California-style Steak
Grilling is a classic cooking method for California-style steak that imparts smoky flavors and beautiful grill marks. Here are some grilling techniques to ensure a perfectly cooked and flavorful steak:
1. Preheat the grill: Start by preheating your grill to high heat, around 400-450°F (204-232°C). This ensures a searing hot surface for achieving a caramelized crust.
2. Oil the grates: Use tongs and a folded paper towel soaked in oil to oil the grates. This helps prevent sticking and ensures easy flipping of the steak.
3. Sear the steak: Place the steak on the hot grill and close the lid. Let it sear for a few minutes, without moving it, to develop a crust. This initial sear locks in the juices and adds those coveted grill marks.
4. Flip and finish cooking: After searing one side, flip the steak using tongs. Continue grilling for a few more minutes until the desired level of doneness is reached. Remember to use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature for accurate results.
5. Let it rest: Once the steak reaches your desired doneness, remove it from the grill and let it rest for a few minutes. This allows the juices to redistribute, resulting in a more tender and flavorful steak.
Experiment with different cooking times and techniques to achieve your preferred level of doneness. Whether it’s medium-rare, medium, or well-done, the key is to monitor the internal temperature and adjust the cooking time accordingly.
Stay tuned for the next section, where we’ll delve into flavorful accompaniments that perfectly complement California-style steak.
Elevating the Flavor with California-style Steak Accompaniments
California-style steak is known for its vibrant flavors and fresh ingredients. Elevate your steak experience by pairing it with delicious accompaniments that complement its flavors and add an extra layer of culinary enjoyment.
Wine Pairings for California-style Steak
Choosing the right wine to accompany your California-style steak can enhance the overall dining experience. Consider these wine pairings to elevate the flavors:
1. Cabernet Sauvignon: A classic pairing, Cabernet Sauvignon’s bold and structured profile complements the richness and robust flavors of California-style steak. Look for a Napa Valley or Sonoma County Cabernet for a regional match.
2. Zinfandel: Known for its ripe fruit flavors and spicy notes, Zinfandel pairs well with the bold flavors and smokiness of California-style steak. Opt for a Zinfandel from the California Central Coast for a local twist.
3. Syrah/Shiraz: The peppery and savory characteristics of Syrah/Shiraz make it a great choice for pairing with California-style steak. Look for a California Syrah or an Australian Shiraz for a delightful match.
4. Malbec: With its deep fruit flavors and smooth tannins, Malbec can enhance the juiciness and tenderness of California-style steak. Choose a Malbec from California or Argentina for a well-rounded pairing.
Remember, personal taste preferences play a significant role in wine pairings. Experiment with different varietals to find the perfect match for your California-style steak.
Complementing Your Steak with California-inspired Sides
Choosing the right side dishes can elevate the overall dining experience and add a touch of California flair to your steak meal. Consider these California-inspired sides to complement your steak:
1. Grilled Vegetables: Take advantage of California’s abundance of fresh produce by grilling a colorful array of vegetables such as zucchini, bell peppers, and corn. Season them with a sprinkle of sea salt, black pepper, and a drizzle of olive oil for a delightful side dish.
2. Avocado Salad: California is known for its avocados, so why not incorporate them into a refreshing salad? Combine diced avocados with tomatoes, red onions, cilantro, lime juice, and a hint of jalapeno for a zesty and creamy accompaniment.
3. Citrus Quinoa: Embrace the citrus flavors of California by preparing a vibrant citrus quinoa salad. Cook quinoa according to package instructions, then toss it with segments of oranges, grapefruits, diced cucumbers, fresh herbs, and a tangy citrus vinaigrette.
4. Grilled Corn with Lime Butter: California’s sweet and juicy corn is a perfect side dish for steak. Grill corn on the cob until lightly charred, then brush it with a mixture of melted butter, lime zest, and lime juice. Sprinkle with chili powder for a touch of heat.
These sides highlight the fresh, vibrant, and healthy aspects of California cuisine, providing a perfect balance to the hearty flavors of your steak.
Sauce Selections to Enhance California-style Steak
Sauces can elevate the flavors of your California-style steak and provide additional depth and richness. Consider these sauce options to enhance your steak experience:
1. Chimichurri Sauce: This zesty and herbaceous sauce originating from Argentina is an excellent choice for California-style steak. It’s made with fresh herbs like parsley and cilantro, garlic, red wine vinegar, olive oil, and a touch of red pepper flakes.
2. Balsamic Glaze: Drizzling a reduction of balsamic vinegar over your California-style steak adds a tangy and slightly sweet flavor. Simmer balsamic vinegar until it thickens and forms a glaze-like consistency, then drizzle it over the cooked steak.
3. Roasted Garlic Butter: Create a rich and flavorful butter by roasting garlic until soft and fragrant, then blending it with softened butter. Spread a dollop of this garlic butter over your California-style steak, allowing it to melt and impart its aromatic flavors.
4. Cilantro-Lime Crema: Blend fresh cilantro, lime juice, Greek yogurt, and a pinch of salt to create a creamy and tangy sauce. Drizzle it over your steak to add a refreshing and vibrant element.
5. Smoky Chipotle Sauce: For a hint of heat and smokiness, prepare a chipotle sauce by blending chipotle peppers in adobo sauce with mayonnaise, lime juice, and a touch of honey. This sauce pairs well with the bold flavors of California-style steak.
Remember, sauces should complement the flavors of the steak without overpowering them. Drizzle or spread the sauce sparingly, allowing the natural flavors of the meat to shine through.
Experiencing the Flavors of California-style Steak
California is renowned for its culinary scene and diverse flavors. When it comes to experiencing California-style steak, there are various factors to consider, from the steak houses to the gastronomic offerings.
Iconic California Steak Houses to Visit
If you’re seeking an exceptional California-style steak dining experience, these iconic steak houses are a must-visit:
1. The House of Prime Rib: Located in San Francisco, The House of Prime Rib is a classic steak house known for its prime rib cuts. Indulge in a hearty, perfectly cooked prime rib while enjoying the warm and inviting atmosphere.
2. Harris’ Steakhouse: With over a hundred years of history, Harris’ Steakhouse in San Francisco is a true culinary landmark. Known for its impeccable service and high-quality steaks, this establishment continues to satisfy steak enthusiasts.
3. Cut by Wolfgang Puck: Located in Beverly Hills, Cut is a contemporary steak house offering a modern twist on California-style steak. From dry-aged steaks to innovative flavor combinations, this restaurant delivers a unique and upscale dining experience.
4. House of Big Fish & Ice Cold Beer: Situated in Laguna Beach, this coastal steak house combines the flavors of California-style steak with a vibrant seafood menu. Enjoy your steak while relishing the breathtaking views of the Pacific Ocean.
Gastronomic Delights: California-style Steak Offerings
California’s culinary landscape extends beyond traditional steak houses. Explore these gastronomic delights that showcase the diverse offerings of California-style steak:
1. Farm-to-Table Experiences: California’s commitment to farm-to-table dining means you can find restaurants that source their ingredients locally and emphasize sustainability. Enjoy California-style steak prepared with the freshest, locally sourced produce and meats.
2. Fusion Cuisine: California’s multicultural influences are reflected in its fusion cuisine. Experience the fusion of California-style steak with Asian, Mexican, or Mediterranean flavors, incorporating unique spices, herbs, and techniques.
3. Food Trucks and Pop-Ups: California’s vibrant food truck and pop-up scene offer innovative and exciting takes on California-style steak. Keep an eye out for mobile culinary experiences that bring together local chefs and flavors in unexpected locations.
California Steak Festivals and Events to Attend
Immerse yourself in the world of California-style steak by attending these steak festivals and events:
1. Los Angeles Food & Wine Festival: This annual event showcases the best of California’s culinary scene, including renowned chefs and their creations. Indulge in delicious California-style steak dishes paired with fine wines from the region.
2. Santa Maria Valley BBQ Festival: Celebrating the traditional Santa Maria-style barbecue, this festival highlights the region’s love for grilled meats, including California-style steak. Enjoy live music, cooking demonstrations, and mouthwatering steak tastings.
3. California Restaurant Month: During January, various cities across California participate in California Restaurant Month, offering special menus and promotions. Explore the culinary landscape and discover new interpretations of California-style steak.
These events provide opportunities to taste a wide range of California-style steak dishes, interact with chefs, and immerse yourself in the vibrant culinary culture of the Golden State.
The Health Benefits of California-style Steak
When it comes to California-style steak, not only does it tantalize your taste buds, but it can also offer several health benefits. Discover how indulging in this flavorful dish can contribute to your overall well-being.
Nutritional Value of California-style Steak
California-style steak is not only delicious but also packed with essential nutrients that support a healthy diet. Here are some key nutritional benefits:
1. Protein Powerhouse: Steak is an excellent source of high-quality protein, which is essential for muscle repair, growth, and overall body function. It provides all the essential amino acids needed by the body.
2. Iron-Rich: California-style steak is a valuable source of iron, a mineral vital for the production of red blood cells and oxygen transport throughout the body. Consuming iron-rich foods like steak can help prevent iron deficiency anemia.
3. Vitamins and Minerals: Steak contains important vitamins and minerals, including vitamin B12, zinc, selenium, and phosphorus. Vitamin B12 is crucial for nerve function and the production of DNA, while zinc supports immune function and wound healing.
4. Healthy Fats: While steak contains some saturated fat, it also provides beneficial monounsaturated fats and omega-3 fatty acids. These healthy fats have been linked to improved heart health and reduced inflammation.
Incorporating California-style Steak into a Balanced Diet
To maximize the health benefits of California-style steak, consider these tips for incorporating it into a balanced diet:
1. Portion Control: Enjoying steak as part of a balanced diet involves mindful portion control. Aim for a serving size of around 3 to 4 ounces, which provides an adequate amount of protein without excessive calorie intake.
2. Balance with Vegetables: Pair your California-style steak with a generous serving of vegetables. Create colorful salads, roast seasonal vegetables, or stir-fry them as a side dish to add fiber, vitamins, and minerals to your meal.
3. Opt for Lean Cuts: Choose lean cuts of steak, such as sirloin, tenderloin, or flank steak, as they tend to have lower fat content. Trimming visible fat before cooking can further reduce the overall fat content.
4. Healthy Cooking Methods: Opt for healthier cooking methods like grilling, broiling, or baking instead of frying. This helps to minimize added fats and maintain the nutritional integrity of the steak.
5. Variety is Key: Incorporate a variety of protein sources into your diet, including fish, poultry, legumes, and plant-based alternatives. This ensures a diverse nutrient intake while enjoying the occasional indulgence of California-style steak.
By incorporating California-style steak into a balanced diet and practicing moderation, you can enjoy its flavors while reaping its nutritional benefits.
Sustainability and Ethical Considerations in California Steak Production
California is known for its focus on sustainable and ethical food practices. When it comes to California-style steak, it’s essential to consider the environmental and ethical aspects of steak production.
1. Sustainable Farming Practices: Many California-based ranchers and farmers prioritize sustainable farming practices. This includes responsible land management, minimizing chemical inputs, and promoting biodiversity.
2. Grass-Fed and Organic Options: Look for grass-fed and organic options when purchasing California-style steak. Grass-fed cattle roam freely, consume a natural diet, and have a lower impact on the environment compared to conventionally raised cattle.
3. Locally Sourced: Support local ranchers and farmers by choosing locally sourced California-style steak. By doing so, you contribute to the local economy and reduce the carbon footprint associated with long-distance transportation.
4. Animal Welfare: Consider steak from farms that prioritize animal welfare. Look for certifications such as Animal Welfare Approved or Certified Humane, which ensure that the cattle are raised in humane conditions.
5. Responsible Consumption: Practice responsible consumption by enjoying California-style steak as part of a balanced diet. Reduce food waste by utilizing leftovers in creative ways or freezing them for future meals.
By considering the sustainability and ethical aspects of California-style steak production, you can make more conscious choices that align with your values and contribute to a healthier planet
California-style Steak: A Fusion of Culinary Influences
California’s diverse culinary landscape is heavily influenced by various cultures, resulting in a fusion of flavors and techniques. Discover how California-style steak incorporates different culinary influences, creating a unique and exciting dining experience.
Asian-inspired Flavors in California-style Steak
Asian cuisine has had a significant impact on California’s culinary scene, and these influences are reflected in California-style steak. Explore the Asian-inspired flavors that enhance the steak’s taste:
1. Teriyaki Glaze: A popular Japanese marinade, teriyaki adds a sweet and savory flavor to California-style steak. Made with soy sauce, mirin, ginger, and garlic, the teriyaki glaze brings a delightful umami-rich taste to the dish.
2. Sesame-Soy Marinade: Combine soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic, and a hint of brown sugar to create a flavorful marinade for your California-style steak. The nutty aroma of sesame and the umami taste of soy complement the steak beautifully.
3. Korean BBQ Influence: Korean barbecue, known as “gogi-gui,” is renowned for its bold and spicy flavors. Incorporate Korean-inspired marinades, such as gochujang (fermented chili paste), soy sauce, and ginger, to add a unique kick to your California-style steak.
4. Thai-inspired Marinade: Infuse your steak with Thai flavors by using a marinade made with lime juice, fish sauce, lemongrass, and Thai chilies. This combination creates a tangy, aromatic, and slightly spicy profile that pairs well with the juicy steak.
Latin-inspired Twists in California-style Steak
Latin American cuisine brings vibrant and bold flavors to California-style steak. Consider these Latin-inspired twists to elevate your dining experience:
1. Chimichurri Sauce: Originating from Argentina, chimichurri is a refreshing sauce made with fresh parsley, cilantro, garlic, vinegar, and olive oil. Its bright and tangy flavors complement the richness of California-style steak.
2. Mojo Marinade: Mojo is a traditional Cuban marinade made with citrus juices (such as orange and lime), garlic, cumin, and oregano. Marinating your steak in this tangy and aromatic blend infuses it with irresistible Latin flavors.
3. Adobo Seasoning: Adobo, a staple in Latin American cuisine, is a flavorful blend of spices like garlic, oregano, cumin, and paprika. Rubbing your California-style steak with adobo seasoning before grilling adds a delightful smoky and savory taste.
4. Salsa Verde: This versatile green sauce made with tomatillos, cilantro, jalapenos, and lime juice brings a fresh and zesty element to California-style steak. Drizzle it over the cooked steak or use it as a marinade for an extra burst of flavor.
By incorporating Asian and Latin influences, California-style steak becomes a fusion of diverse flavors, offering a unique and exciting culinary experience.
Mediterranean-inspired Elements in California-style Steak
The Mediterranean region is known for its fresh ingredients, aromatic herbs, and wholesome flavors. Infuse your California-style steak with these Mediterranean-inspired elements:
1. Mediterranean Herb Rub: Create a flavorful herb rub using a combination of Mediterranean herbs like rosemary, thyme, oregano, and basil. Rub this mixture onto the steak before grilling to impart a fragrant and herbaceous taste.
2. Lemon-Garlic Marinade: Combine fresh lemon juice, minced garlic, olive oil, and a sprinkle of Mediterranean herbs to create a tangy and aromatic marinade for your California steak.
We hope you’ve enjoyed this comprehensive breakdown of California-style steak, from iconic steak houses to gastronomic experiences. Whether you’re exploring the traditional establishments or embracing the innovative culinary scene, California-style steak offers a truly remarkable dining experience.
Q1: What is California-style steak?
A1: California-style steak refers to a culinary style that incorporates various flavors and cooking techniques inspired by California’s diverse culinary landscape.
Q2: What cuts of steak are commonly used in California-style cooking?
A2: California-style steak can be made using a variety of cuts, but some popular choices include ribeye, New York strip, and flank steak.
Q3: How can I cook California-style steak at home?
A3: To cook California-style steak at home, marinate the steak in flavorful ingredients, such as citrus juices, herbs, and spices, then grill or sear it to perfection.
Q4: What are some popular accompaniments for California-style steak?
A4: California-style steak pairs well with vibrant and fresh accompaniments like grilled vegetables, citrus-infused salads, and herb-infused sauces.
Q5: Where can I find the best California-style steak restaurants?
A5: Many renowned restaurants in California specialize in serving delicious California-style steak. Check local directories and food review websites for recommendations.